NEC Scholarship 2022: The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam will release the notification for North Eastern Council (NEC) Scholarship 2022. The NEC Scholarship offers support to economically backward class students of the North Eastern Region for pursuing higher education. Students should pursue engineering and professional courses from the approved list by NEC. The application for NEC Scholarship releases on the official website of DTE, Assam on October 2022. Candidates can fill out the application and apply for this scholarship till the mid of November 2022. NEC Scholarship provides financial help to the disadvantaged students of the North Eastern Region every year.
Candidates studying in several disciplines within or outside North-East but within the country can avail the benefits of the NEC Scholarship. Shortlisted candidates will get an NEC Scholarship amount of Rs. 30,000/- from the organization. The article below provides more information that as the date, eligibility, and so forth about NEC Scholarship 2022.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more
NEC Scholarship 2022
NEC Scholarship 2022 is the initiative of DTE, Assam to encourage outstanding disadvantaged students for pursuing higher education. DTE, Assam offers NEC scholarships to students who desire to study in diploma, degree, Ph.D. and M.Phil courses. DTE, Assam organizes NEC Scholarship only for the students of the North-Eastern Region. NEC Merit scholarship helps lower-income class students of Assam to complete engineering and professional courses without financial hurdles.
Check Mahapariksha Hall Ticket 2022 will start publishing for ZP, Arogya Vibhag, Pashusanvardhan, HSC, and Police Exam in a few days.
NEC Scholarship Overview
|Organization Name||Directorate of Technical Education, Assam|
|Scholarship Name||NEC Merit Scholarship|
|Amount of Scholarship||Rs. 30,000 per annum to each scholar|
|Courses Offered||Diploma / Certificate courses
Post Graduation Degree
Refer to the below list of courses covered in diploma, degree and postgraduate level as per Annexure I, II and III in the official notification.
List of Courses Covered in Diploma Level As per Annexure – I
|Name of Subject||Courses|
|Textile Technology||Diploma in Textile Technology|
|Computer Science & Engineering||BCA, DCA, PGDCA, Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering|
|Electronics||Diploma in Electronics Engineering|
|Telecom & Communication Engineering||Diploma in Telecom Engineering|
|Automobile Engineering||Diploma in Automobile Engineering|
|Hotel/Travel & Tourism Management||Diploma in Hotel Management for 3 years, PG Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management (1 year)|
|The Teaching of Physically/ Mentally Handicapped||Diploma in Teaching of Physically/ Mentally Handicapped|
|Ceramic & Glass Technology||Diploma in Glass & or Ceramic Technology|
|Physical Education and Sports||Diploma in Physical Education|
|Fashion Technology & Design||Diploma in Fashion Technology & Design|
|Para-Medical including General Nursing||Diploma in Pharmacy, General Nursing & Psychiatric Nursing|
|Foreign Trade Management||Diploma in Foreign Trade Management|
|Forestry||B.Sc. (Forestry) 3 years course.|
|Ecology & Environment||B.Sc. (Ecology & Environment) 3 years course.|
|Gemology||Diploma in Gemology|
|Tea Technology||Diploma in Tea Technology|
|Leather Technology||Diploma in Leather Technology|
|Resin Technology||Diploma in Resin Technology|
|Plastic Technology||Diploma in Plastic Technology|
|Mass Communication||BA/B.Sc. in Mass Communication|
|Interior Decoration||Diploma in Interior Decoration|
|Indian System of Medicine||Diploma in Indian System of Medicine|
|Bio-Technology||Diploma in Bio-Tech, 3 years course|
List of Courses Covered in Degree Level As per Annexure-II
|Name of Subject||Courses|
|Ecology & Environment||B.Tech./M.Sc.|
|Computer Science||B.Tech./B.E./M.Sc. (Computer Science)|
|Foreign Trade Management||Degree in Foreign Trade Management|
|Physical Education & Sports||B.P. ED., P.G. Diploma in Physical Education & sports.|
|Bio-Technology||B.Tech. (Bio-Tech)/M.Sc. (Bio-Tech)|
|Fashion Technology & Design||–|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||M.Sc. /P.G. Diploma|
|Forestry||B.Tech. (Forestry)/M.Sc. (Forestry)|
|Medical Science||MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS/BUMS/ B.PHARM.|
|Physiotherapy||(BPT – 4 years Course)|
List of Courses Covered in Post Graduation Level As per Annexure – III
|Name of Subject||Courses|
|Agriculture & Allied subject||M.Sc.(Agri)/M.V.Sc./M.F.Sc.|
|Foreign Trade||M.A. (Foreign Trade)|
|Physical Education & Sports||M.A. (Physical Education)|
|Information Technology||M.Tech (IT)|
NEC Scholarship Important Dates
|Start of NEC Scholarship Application||October 2022|
|Deadline to Submit NEC Scholarship Application||Mid of November 2022|
|Application Scrutinization and Shortlisting of Candidates||December 2022|
|Declaration of NEC Scholarship Result||January 2023|
|NEC Scholarship Disbursement to Shortlisted Candidates||March 31, 2023|
NEC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for NEC Scholarship 2022:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of any of the states in the North-Eastern Region.
- Candidates must possess the relevant qualifications for the chosen course from a recognized Institute/ University.
- General candidates should secure at least 70% marks in the last qualifying examination for the chosen courses. Courses which includes diploma/ degree/ post-graduate/ Ph.D. / M.Phil.
- SC/ ST candidates should secure at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination for the chosen courses.
- The candidate’s family income should be less than 4.5 Lakh per annum from all sources.
- The candidate must not be employed.
- The candidate should not be getting any other financial assistance from any other sources.
NEC Scholarship Rewards
The rewards details for shortlisted candidates are given below
|Level of Courses of Approved List by NEC||Rewards (In Rs.)||Book-grant Amount|
|Diploma||Rs. 900/- per month||Rs. 1000/- per annum|
|Degree||Rs. 1000/- per month||Rs. 1400/- per annum|
|Post-graduate||Rs. 1200/- per month||Rs. 2000/- per annum|
|Ph.D. / M.Phil.||Rs. 1500/- per month||Rs. 3000/- per annum|
- M.Phil. rewards are sanctioned for a period of one and half years and can extend up to 6 months.
- Ph.D. rewards and book grants are generally sanctioned for a period of 3 years.
- It can be extended for 1 more year based on the Head of the Institution’s recommendation.
NEC Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process for the NEC Scholarship is given below:
- The NEC Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. So, Selections for this scholarship are made on the basis of Merit.
- This scholarship considers academic merit prescribed for each chosen course for final selection.
- The state Govt. is responsible for the selection of candidates after the proper advertisement.
- The selection procedure also needs to be followed as outlined in Annexure V in the official notification.
- State Govt. will pay the stipend directly at stipulated rates for diploma level and above to the respective institute.
- First, DTE scrutinizes the candidate’s application in December.
- Later on, prepares the list of shortlisted candidates by January every year.
- After selection, the sanctioned amount will be drawn within 31st March 2020.
- Then, shortlisted candidates will be paid as per the sanctioned fund.
- Direct Beneficiary Account transfer through ECS will be used to make payment to shortlisted candidates.
NEC Scholarship Application Process
The application for the NEC Scholarship will be available online in October 2022. Candidates can fill and submit the application in the mid of November 2022. Refer to the below points to apply for NEC Scholarship 2022.
- Candidates should visit the official website scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on the “State Schemes” that appeared on the home page.
- Then, click on “NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura” appeared under the “Tripura” link.
- Click on the “Guidelines” to download the NEC Merit Scholarship application form. The NEC application form will be available in pdf form.
- Read all the NEC Scholarship instructions carefully with entire details.
- After reading, go back to the previous page and click on “Apply”.
- Login with email id and password to fill the online application.
- Candidates are required to fill all the essential and mandatory details in capital letters.
- Candidates must upload a scanned copy of their recent passport size photo with signature.
- Candidates must attach self-attested copies of the required documents.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee through proper manner.
- Recheck the application thoroughly to avoid rejection by DTE during scrutinization.
- Submit the completed application to the Head of the institutions on or before the due date.
- The Head of the institutions verifies and fill the required details in the application. Then, forwards the print out of the application along with all relevant documents to DTE on 30th November 2022.
NEC Scholarship Checklist of Documents
The below-mentioned documents must be uploaded along with the application to apply for NEC Scholarship 2022.
- Recommendation by the Head of the institute
- Permanent residence certificate
- Undertaking not availed any other scholarship
- Undertaking to refund stipend in case of furnishing false information
- Attested copies of all the relevant certificates and mark Sheets p
- Letter of recognition of the course and institute where studying
- In the case of Ph.D. and M.Phil. enclose synopsis
- Candidates annual family income certificate and affidavit for any additional income
- Attested copies of caste certificate and domicile certificate
- Age proof (birth certificate or class 10th board certificate)
- Residential proof (electricity bill, PAN card, voter Id, aadhar card, and so forth.)
- The hard copy of the first page of the Bank passbook
NEC Scholarship Renewal
Candidates must apply for the renewal of scholarship every year. Renewal of scholarship is generally for a period of 1 year from 1st April to 31st March of the next year. Each candidate can get the renewal form from the State Govt. and fill it up in the prescribed format. Thereon, the candidate must get a recommendation from the Head of the institute to renew this scholarship. The recommendation strictly based on the satisfactory progress of the candidate. Failure in any academic year will result in the discontinuation of the stipend for that entire period. Candidates future renewal should be recommended only from the date of clearance to the next higher class/semester. The sanction order along with the statement for the renewal of stipend should be endorsed to NEC. Refer the below points to Renew the NEC Scholarship application form.
- Candidates should visit the official website of scholarships.gov.in to renew the application.
- Login with email id and password to renew the existing application. Edit the old application form correctly which exists in the National Scholarship portal.
- Ph.D./ M.Phil candidates must enclose the latest progress report from the guide attested by the Registrar.
- Then, submit the NEC Renewal application form to the Head of the institution for the recommendation.
- The Head of the Institution recommends that whether the application renewed to next year or not forwarded for renewal.
NEC Scholarship Result
The candidate’s application along with documents will be scrutinized and shortlisted in December 2019 by DTE. After that, the result for NEC Scholarship will be published on the official website of DTE, Assam in January 2020. DTE prepares the final selection list of candidates by January every year. Candidates can check the list of selected candidates name on the DTE, Assam portal. Candidates can also search their name in the selection list to confirm their chances of receiving the NEC scholarship. After releasing the result, the sanctioned amount for NEC Scholarship will be drawn within 31st March 2020. Then, the sanctioned fund will be disbursed only to the shortlisted candidates by DTE, Assam on March 31, 2020.
NEC Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries related to NEC Scholarship or any assistance contact on the below-mentioned details.
|Address||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kahilipara, Guwahati, Assam – 781019|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
FAQ’s on NEC Scholarship 2022
How is the NEC Scholarship helpful to North Eastern Region students?
The NEC Scholarship offers support to economically backward class students of the North Eastern Region for pursuing higher education. Students should pursue engineering and professional courses from the approved list by NEC.
What are the courses offered under the NEC Scholarship?
The following courses offered under the NEC Scholarship:
- Diploma / Certificate courses
- Bachelor Degree
- Post Graduation Degree
What are the NEC Scholarship application starting and closing date?
The NEC Scholarship application starting date is October 2022. Whereas the closing date is in the mid of November 2022.
What is the date for NEC Scholarship application scrutinization and selection of candidates?
The date for Scholarship application scrutinization and selection of candidates is December 2022.
What is the date for NEC Scholarship Disbursement to shortlisted candidates?
The date for NEC Scholarship Disbursement to shortlisted candidates is 31st March 2022.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about NEC Scholarship 2022. If you have queries related to NEC Scholarship, then leave them in the comment box to get in touch with us.