COMEDK is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka, that helps the students to seek admission in engineering, and architecture courses offered by institutes of the state. All those who have passed 12th can apply for the exam. The students can also apply through the NATA scores. The candidates can check the eligibility criteria on the official website before applying.
Read on to explore COMEDK registration, eligibility criteria, examination pattern and other relevant details.
The registration can be done in the month of January and the application forms are made available on the official website. The candidates need to fill the application form carefully. The application correction window opens in the month of May. Hence, in case of any mistake, the candidates can make the corrections then.
The registration process is as under:
- The candidates need to go to the official website and click on the register tab.
- An email and ID password will be allotted at the time of registration.
- The candidates can login using the user ID and password.
- Fill all the required details.
- Upload a passport size photograph, ID proof, guardian signatures, and other documents.
- Click on the save button.
- Fill preferences for the exam city.
- Click on the submit button and make payment.
- The payment will be made in online mode only.
- Take out the print out of the form for future references.
An application fee of Rs.1600 is paid using debit card, credit card or net banking.
Latest: The last date to apply for COMEDK 2020 has been extended to May 05, 2020. Apply Online Here. Also, the exam has been postponed and is most likely to take place in 1st week of June 2020.
COMEDK Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should fulfil the eligibility criteria while filling the application form. Failure in fulfilling the criteria will lead to disqualification.
The eligibility criteria for the candidates appearing for COMEDK is as follows:
UG Courses (Engineering)
- The candidate should have passed 12th from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English as the main subjects.
- The candidate should have scored 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths in class 12th.
- The candidates in the reserved category should have scored 40% marks in the required subjects.
- The diploma holders cannot apply for COMEDK.
- Lateral entry is not allowed.
UG Courses (Architecture)
- There is no entrance test for B.Arch courses.
- The candidates should have secured 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths individually in class 12th.
- The candidates should also have secured a total of 50% marks in class 12th.
- The candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in architecture, for instance, NATA, are eligible for the entrance test.
- A separate application form has to be submitted by the candidates seeking admission in the architecture courses.
COMEDK Admit Card
COMEDK admit card is released online on the official website. The admit card is very important for the candidates appearing for the examination. They will not be allowed to sit for the exam without the admit card. Also, the admit card is required at the time of counselling, and hence, has to be kept safe.
The admit card can be downloaded by the following process:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the “admit card download” link.
- Login using the email ID and password provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card will be visible on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take a print out.
COMEDK Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in English mode only.
- The test comprises a total of 180 objective type questions.
- One mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The results are announced online, on the official website. A merit list is prepared after the declaration of the results. The result contains the name of the candidate, test score, test rank, application number, admit card number, the contact details of the candidate, date of birth, category, ID proof details and the stream chosen.
COMEDK Cut off
The cut off is different for different courses, colleges, and categories. It depends upon the question paper and the highest marks scored in the exam. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the cut off marks.
The merit list or the rank list is prepared by the exam authorities. The candidates in the merit list are eligible for centralized counselling.
The merit list prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate, exam score, rank and the total number of seats available.
If there is any tie in the test score, it can be resolved in the following manner:
- The least number of wrong answers in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- Total marks in Physics and Maths in the entrance exam.
- Marks scored in Maths in the entrance exam.
- The elder candidate is always ranked higher than the younger candidate.
- The counselling is conducted offline, in the month of July.
- It is held in two rounds.
- The seats are allotted based on the marks scored in the entrance test.
The candidates appearing for counselling need to follow the following steps:
- The candidates have to report to the venues allotted to them based on their ranks.
- The documents of the candidate will be verified.
- Biometric and photo verification is done.
- The candidates are issued a registration slip.
- The candidates need to fill three choices of colleges and courses. Based on their ranks and the preferred choices, the candidates are allotted seats.
- The candidates will have to accept the seat provided and pay the required fees.
COMEDK is a reputed exam where the candidates can seek admissions into one of the renowned institutes of Karnataka. However, it is not an easy nut to crack. The candidates need to be thorough with their concepts to get through the exam.
The candidates can refer to COMEDK reference books and can solve mock tests and sample papers for better practice. This also helps them to know their flaws and strengthens their skills.
The article gives a brief about the eligibility, examination pattern, result and cut off of COMEDK. The students can also refer to the official website for relevant details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is COMEDK only for Karnataka candidates?
No, COMEDK is for the candidates throughout the country.
Question. Can a candidate apply for Medical and Dental Colleges on the basis of COMEDK score?
Answer: No, COMEDK is not applicable to medical and dental colleges. It is organized for admissions into engineering and architecture courses only.
Question. Is the COMEDK score valid for admissions into architecture courses?
Answer: The admission to architecture courses is based on NATA score. But, the candidates have to fill the COMEDK application form.
Question. How can the candidates book the COMEDK examination slots?
Answer: The candidates can book the exam slots while filling the application forms in the month of February. There is no separate slot booking process.