JEE Main Application Form 2020: NTA officials will release the application form of JEE Main 2020 on 3rd September 2019 and the last date is 30th December 2019. JEE Main Application Form released for both the papers paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) and paper 2 (B.Arch). Application Form form JEE Main 2020 will be released in online mode @ jeemain.nic.in. Students who are interested to appear for JEE Main 2020 examination must fill up the application process and need to complete the process of application fee payment. Before filling the JEE Main 2020 Application form students need to check their JEE Main Application Form Eligibility Criteria and Application Form Requirements.
Students must have an email id and phone number before filling the JEE Main Application form. Students must have to register themselves firstly by completing the authentication from. In this article, we will provide all the necessary information about JEE Main Application Form, Fees, Requirements, Important Dates, Correction, etc. Read on to find more about JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
Changes in JEE Main 2020
- The JEE Main Application Fee is changed.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern is changed.
JEE Main Application Form Dates 2020
JEE Main Exam will be conducted twice every year. NTA officials will release application form separately for both attempts of January and April sessions. January attempt is the first attempt of JEE main and application form will be available from 02 nd September 2019 and for April attempt application form will be available from 7th February 2020. JEE Main Exam Dates for both sessions are as follows:
|Examination||JEE Main January 2020 Dates||JEE Main April 2020 Dates|
|JEE Main Registration Dates||2nd September 2019||7th February 2020|
|Last Date To Fill JEE Main Application Form||30th September 2019||7th March 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card||6th December 2019||16th March 2020|
|JEE Main Exam Dates||6th to 11th January 2020||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|JEE Main Result||31st January 2020||30th April 2020|
JEE Main Application Form 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for JEE Main Exam 2020 students need to check JEE Main Eligibility Criteria which is given below:
- Education Qualification: Students need to Qualify at least five subjects/Qualifying Examination (QE) and candidates who are qualified four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2020.
- Year of Acceptance in QE: Candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2018 or 2019. Those appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2020 are also eligible.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Main exam for three consecutive years. As the JEE Main exam will be conducted twice, candidates can appear for the exam both the times. However, the attempt for a particular academic year will be considered as one attempt only.
Check JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Application Form Requirments
Before applying for JEE Main Students need to keep some important documents in their hand to fill the form.
Documents Required for JEE Main Application Form For Indian Students
- From the following any Valid ID Proof
- Aadhaar Number
- Passport Number
- Ration Card Number
- Bank Account Number or
- any other valid Government ID Number
- Class 12 certificate (if available)
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
Documents Required for JEE Main Application Form Requirments For Foreign Students
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Class XII mark sheet/certificate (must clear 75 % cut-off)
List of Documents Required for Uploading In JEE Main Application Form
The list of documents required for uploading in JEE Main Application Form is given below:
- Recent Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||4 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
How To Fill JEE Main Application Form 2020?
Follow the step by step procedure to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020:
- Step – 1: Visit the official website of JEE and from home page click on Apply for JEE Main.
- Step – 2: Now the page will be redirected and click on Fresh Candidate Registration and click on Proceed to Apply.
- Step – 3: Now the page will be again redirected to instructions page, candidates are advised to read instructions carefully and click on the button Proceed to Apply Online.
- Step – 4: JEE Main 2020 Authentication Form will display on the screen. Candidates must enter all the necessary details in the JEE Main Authentication Form. The list of details to be entered are as follows:
- State of Eligibility
- Identification Type ID
- Identification ID No
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Enter Security Pin (Case-Sensitive) Captcha
- Step – 5: After entering all the details students need to click on the submit button.
- Step – 6: Now the page will be directed to JEE Main Application Form. Here candidates should enter the following details.
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Person with Disability
- Place of residence
- Complete mailing address
- Date of Birth
- Year of passing class 10th or equivalent
- School Board of class 12th/qualifying examination
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th/qualifying exam schooling
- Year of passing or appearing class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Type of institution of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Roll number of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Appeared/Appearing for improvement of class 12th/Qualifying exam in all the 4/5 subjects as per the scheme of the board
- Mode of preparation
- Name of the college/school from where passed/appearing
- Address of the school/college from where passed or appearing
Exam Related Details
- Applying for (Paper 1/Paper 2)
- Exam Mode
- 1st choice of exam city
- 2nd choice of exam city
- 3rd choice of exam city
- 4th choice of exam city
- Question Paper Medium
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
- Father’s/Guardian’s qualification
- Father’s/Guardian’s Occupation
- Father’s/Guardian’s annual income
- Mother’s qualification
- Mother’s occupation
- Mother’s annual income
- Declaration by the candidate
- Declaration by Father/Mother/Guardian
- Password must have 8 – 13 Characters.
- Password must have at least one uppercase, at least one lower case, and at least one numerical value.
- Among these special characters – !@#$%^&*-, the password should have at least one special characters.
- To proceed further candidates need to click on the Next button.
Now enter the Security Pin Captcha and click on the button “Submit and Review”
Now students will find a popup or dialogue box where they have to verify mobile number and mail id. A verification code will be sent to the mobile number and email id and students must enter OTP in the specified box. After the successful verification candidates will be able to proceed to upload documents.
While filling the application form students must enter all the necessary details which are true and upload all the necessary documents in the required format, specified by officials. Students must be careful while filling the application form as the data entered in the application form will be used at the time of admission.
Candidates must fill-up the JEE Main Application Form 2020 within the specified time limit. No application form will be accepted by the officials after the deadline. It is to be noted that the JEE Main Application Form released on 2nd September is for January attempt. The officials will release a separate JEE Main 2020 Application Form for April attempt on 7th February.
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Documents To Be Uploaded
After successful verification of contact details, aspirants will be able to upload the documents. In order to upload documents in the documents, click on “Upload Scanned Images”. Candidates are advised to upload the documents within the stipulated time.
The format for uploading the documents in JEE Main 2020 Application Form is tabulated below:
|Size||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Dimension||4 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
JEE Main Application Form Fee
After uploading documents successfully, students must process the JEE main 2020 application fee. The application fee can be done through credit card, debit card, net banking and through e-challan (during banking hours). JEE Main 2020 Application fee for different categories are tabulated as follows:
|Fee Payable for JEE Main 2020||In India||Outside India|
|General/ Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Boys – 650/-
Girls – 325/-
|Boys – 3000/-
Girls – 1500/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – 325/-
Girls – 325/-
|Boys – 1500/-
Girls – 1500/-
|B.E/B.Tech & B.Arch
B.E/B.Tech & B.Planning
B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|General/ Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Boys – 1300/-
Girls – 650/-
|Boys – 6000/-
Girls – 3000/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – 650/-
Girls – 650/-
|Boys – 3000/-
Girls – 3000/-
Mode of Application Fee Payment: Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or through e-challan (during the bank hours).
It is to be noted that students cannot pay JEE Mains Application Fee through any other mode like Money Order, DD or Demand Draft, IPO etc and if candidates pay by this mode then their application form would be rejected. JEE Main Application Fee will not be refunded or returned under any situations. No request for refund of JEE Main Application fee will be entertained by NTA, once candidate pays the fee.
JEE Main Application Form – How To Pay JEE Main 2020 Application Fee?
- Initially, candidates should take a printout of e-challan from the SBI MOPS page and take a print out should be taken in A4 Sheet which contains details of the candidate and bank reference number.
- After taking the print out students must visit any nearest SBI to deposit application fee in cash.
- After the completion of application fee payment, CBS System of SBI modernizes the payment status as “Paid or Successful“. It is to be noted that payment status will be done by MOPS and students must be paid the JEE Main Application Fee within the period.
JEE Main Application Form – How To Check JEE Main Application Fee Status?
Students must take a print out of confirmation page if the JEE Main Application Fee pages show Payment Status – Succesful. If the payment is not confirmed then applicants must follow the steps as below:
- JEE Main Application Fee Payment Through e-Challan: If the applicants have paid application fee through e-challan, then candidates will have to contact the concerned SBI branch to know the updation of Fee payment Status.
- JEE Main Application for Online Payment: Applicants will have to pay the JEE Application Form Fee again as it means that earlier payment was not successful, If the JEE Main Application fee is debited already then that will be refunded within 7 days.
JEE Main Application Form – Choice of Medium of Question Papers
While filling the JEE Main Application Form students have a choice to choose the medium of the question paper. Students can choose any one of the subject English, Hindi, Gujarati as their medium of the exam. But candidates who choose their JEE Main exam center at Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli will be eligible to choose their medium of the question paper as Gujarati. List of choice of medium question papers available in JEE Main Application Form are listed below:
- Gujarati (only for Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli students)
Previous Year Analysis of JEE Main Application Form
JEE Main Previous year Analysis is tabulated as below:
|JEE Main 2019 April||9.34 Lakh|
|JEE Main 2019 January||Paper 1: 9,29,198Paper 2: 1,80,052|
|JEE Main 2018||11,48,000|
|JEE Main 2017||11,98,989|
|JEE Main 2016||12,07,257|
|JEE Main 2015||13,04,217|
|JEE Main 2014||13,56,000|
|JEE Main 2013||12,82,000|
|JEE Main 2012||12,20,000|
JEE Main Application Form 2020 Correction
NTA officials have an option to correct information in their JEE Main 2020 application form through JEE Main Correction window. Applicants have all the access to change their application form except exam center details. For making corrections candidates need their application number, password/date of birth.
Steps Required to correct JEE Main Application Form 2020
- Visit the official website @ jeemain.nic.in
- Click on the link.
- you will be redirected to a new page where you have to fill login details such as application number, password, security pin, and pin. (Only registered candidates will possess all these details).
- Now click on the login button after entering all the required details.
- Make necessary changes to the application form and cross-check them once again before submitting.
- Post verification of your details, click on Submit button.
Details Can Be Edited on JEE Main Application Form 2020
Candidates can change the following details on the JEE Main Application Form :
- Option to change papers or opt for both
- Spelling mistakes in personal details
- Name, Date of birth
- Education details
- Medium fo examination
- Category change
JEE Main Application Form 2020 Correction Fees
Additional Fee (if applicable) can be paid by the candidates either through credit/debit card/Ewallet (SBI buddy/Paytm) or through e-challan generated during the online correction by cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
JEE Main Application Form Image Corrections
Students who have uploaded wrong images can correct their images while the correction period. Follow the following procedure to make correction in uploaded images:
- Step – 1: Go to the official website.
- Step – 2: Now a login page will be opened.
- Step – 3: Fill all the required details like Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Step – 4: Click on the “Login” button
- Step – 5: Select the images with the correct specification and upload them.
- Step – 6: Take a printout of the corrected application for further use.
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||4 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
JEE Main Application Form Account Recovery
In order to retrieve JEE Main application account details in case you forget your password or application number:
- Go to JEE Main login page.
- On the sign-in box for registered candidates, click on “I can’t access my account?”.
- If you have forgotten your password, select “I forgot my password” and then click on “Continue”.
- You will be given 3 options to reset your password. Choose any.
- Enter the details in the specified fields and click on “Submit”.
FAQ’s on JEE Main Application Form
Can Aadhaar Number also be updated?
Yes, candidates will get the opportunity to edit Aadhaar details in the application form.
In which particulars, JEE Mains correction in application form allowed?
Candidates can modify the particulars such as paper-1 to paper-2 and vice-versa or select both papers of his/her application form. The balance fee (if any) will be charged during that correction period.
What is the last date of JEE Mains Application Form 2019?
The last to apply for JEE Main 2020 for the first attempt is on 30th September 2019 and whereas for the April attempt, the last date to apply is on 7th March 2020
At what time JEE Main Application Form will be available?
The officials will most probably activate the JEE Main Application Form 2020 by 9:00 AM on 2nd September 2020.
Where I can apply if I qualified on the JEE Mains?