Wharton MBA Scholarship: Wharton MBA Scholarship organized by Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania. Wharton provides a broad range of fellowship opportunities for many outstanding students. The credit goes to the generosity of individuals, corporate and foundation donors, and the Wharton School. Wharton fellowship provides to all admitted students based on the application for admission. Wharton business school offer awards in the Admission and Financial Aid Letter. Fellowships are two-year awards that are split equally over four semesters for a typical MBA student. The Wharton fellowship committee does not provide any reconsideration of fellowship support.
Wharton school of business offers scholarships to students to study or research there. The number of Wharton Business School scholarships depends on the availability of funds. Wharton’s broad range of fellowships targets students of all backgrounds and covers tuition fees plus living expenses. As we know the education cost in the USA is very high. However, Wharton school of business for an MBA degree offers up to 100% scholarship which makes studying MBA in USA affordable. Students pursuing an MBA is an investment in themselves and in their future. Wharton helps students explore financing options so that they make informed decisions.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.
Wharton Business School MBA Scholarship
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania was founded in 1881 as the first collegiate business school. It is recognized globally for intellectual leadership. It is an ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education. With the most published business school faculties and a broad global community, Wharton creates economic and social value across the world. The school has around 5000 undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA, and Ph.D. students. It has more than 13000 participants in executive education programs every year. It has also a powerful alumni network of 98000 graduates. The Wharton School of business is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Wharton MBA Scholarships
Wharton School has a range of scholarships for talented students with financial constraints. The Wharton School provides the following merit-based MBA Scholarships for full-time MBA study.
Joseph Wharton Fellowships
These fellowships are named in honor of Joseph Wharton, the founder of the Wharton Business School. These are awarded to students with the following criteria:
- Outstanding records in academics.
- Personal, and professional achievements.
Howard E.Mitchell Fellowships
This fellowship was established in 1992, in honor of former Wharton professor Howard E. Mitchell, WG’51. These are awarded to traditionally underrepresented domestic populations. Specifically, Balck/African American, Latino/Hispanic, Native American/American Indian or Alaskan Native, and Native Hawaiian/Asian Pacific Islander. It provides full-tuition, leadership programming, and the facility to join a large network of other Mitchell fellows and alumni to a group of students in each year. These awards provide financial support to graduate students of color based on the following criteria:
- Proven leadership
- Academic excellence
- Work experience or demonstrated commitment to empowering traditionally underrepresented groups
Emerging Economy Fellowships
These are offered to support students from emerging economies throughout the world.
These are awarded to outstanding female students each year who demonstrate the following criteria:
- Exemplary leadership academically
- Professional or creative leadership
- Proven commitment to the empowerment of women in education or the workplace.
Social Impact Fellowships
These are offered to students with demonstrated leadership in the public or not-for-profit sectors.
Corporate and Foundation Fellowships
The following list of selected corporations and foundations are fellowship supporters of Wharton MBA fellowships:
- American Express Philanthropic Program
- Alcoa Inc.
- Bank of America Corporation
- Bain & Company, Inc.
- Bechtel Foundation
- Credit Suisse
- Citigroup Foundation
- Deutsche Bank
- Daimlerchrysler Corporation Fund
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- General Mills, Inc.
- General Motors Foundation
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- New America Alliance Institute
- Pension Real Estate Association
- Robert R. Nathan Memorial Foundation
- Robert A. Toigo Foundation
Yellow Ribbon Program Award for Military Students
These are awarded to fund all students who are 100% eligible under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. This award is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The Yellow Ribbon Program eligible students must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Registrar’s Office.
This fellowship provides minority MBA students committed to a career in finance with the following criteria:
- An unmatched network of contacts
- A prestigious point of difference in the eyes of employers
- One-on-one career guidance
- Leadership training
- A merit award, etc.
2nd Year Financial Aid Awards
These awards provide additional financial support to Wharton MBA students in their 2nd year of the MBA program. The Wharton Fellowship Committee will determine fellowship support based on the following:
- Submitted applications
- Review of existing loan balances
- Prior fellowships
- Other support received, etc.
Wharton MBA Scholarship Application Dates
|Rounds||Application Deadline||Interview Invitations||Decisions|
|Round 1||September 17, 2021||October 29, 2021||December 18, 2021|
|Round 2||January 7, 2022||February 13, 2022||March 26, 2022|
|Round 3||April 1, 2022||April 16, 2022||May 8, 2022|
Wharton MBA Scholarship Benefits
Refer to the below benefits of applying for Wharton Business School MBA Scholarship.
- Each fellowship provides a financial value of up to $20,000 to cover full tuition fees.
- The emerging economy fellowship covers funding for both years of the Wharton MBA program.
- Other scholarships are available in the 2nd year of study for students in the leadership roles and for teaching assistants.
- Provides education-related expenses.
- Provides living allowance for top students.
- Eligible students may get a maximum Yellow Ribbon Award of up to $17,500.
Tuition and Cost Breakdown
First-Year Budget, 2022-23
|Tuition and Fees ( Includes $2000 Pre-term Fee)||$81,378|
|Room and Board||$22,670|
|Books and Supplies||$1,494|
|Personal, Health & Other Expenses||$9,354|
Wharton MBA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
First-year students from developing countries admitted to Wharton’s MBA program can only apply for the scholarship. Refer to the following eligibility criteria
- Academic achievement.
- Community involvement.
- Exceptional professional development.
- Unique personal qualities and background.
Wharton MBA Scholarship Application Deadlines
Students who are admitted to Wharton School will be automatically considered for the fellowships. There is no separate application form available to apply for these scholarships. Wharton considers admission applications as scholarship applications. Admitted students will be notified of the fellowship support with the admission decision. Students have to apply through the Wharton Business School online application system. The Wharton MBA program has 3 application deadlines every year with 3 key dates for each round. These key dates are Application Deadline, Interviews, and Decision Dates. These application deadlines are also available for International students. The current application deadlines are 17th September 2021, 7th January 2022 and 1st April 2022.
- Students must submit a completed application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the day of the deadline will be considered for the round.
- If students submit their application after the deadline for Rounds 1 or 2, then it will be rolled into the next round.
- If students submit their application after the deadline for Round 3, then it will not be accepted.
- Students interviews will be held by invitations only.
- If students selected for an interview, then they will be contacted to arrange an interview as part of the application process.
- At any stage, students can use the online application system to check the status of their application.
FAQ’s on Wharton Business School MBA Scholarship
Why Wharton Business School?
Wharton provides a broad range of fellowship opportunities for many outstanding students. The credit goes to the generosity of individuals, corporate and foundation donors, and the Wharton School. However, Wharton school of business for an MBA degree offers up to 100% scholarship which makes studying MBA in USA affordable.
How to apply for the Wharton MBA Scholarship?
There is no separate application form available to apply for these scholarships. Wharton considers admission applications as the scholarship application. It offers awards in the Admission and Financial Aid Letter. Students have to apply through the Wharton Business School online application system.
What are the application deadlines to apply for Wharton MBA Scholarship?
The application deadlines are 17th September 2019, 7th January 2020 and 1st April 2020 to apply for Wharton MBA.
Hope this article will help you to get information about the Wharton Business School MBA Scholarship. If you have queries related to this article, leave it in the comment box and we will get back to you soon.